Xopus: The web based WYSIWYG XML editor
Write structured content in a familiar, easy to use interface
Xopus is a WYSIWYG XML Editor that runs in your browser. Xopus enables authors to work with structured and complex content without the need for technical knowledge. Xopus presents the author with a friendly interface to XML. The author cannot break the XML structure or write content that does not conform to the XML Schema.
- Control your brand identity
- Xopus is a structured editor that separates content and style, which means authors can write documents limited to styles you define in advance.
- Target your audience more accurately
- Attract more visitors and enjoy a higher ranking in search engines. Using Xopus, you can write high quality, accessible semantic documents.
- Fortify your content investment
- Content written in Xopus is of a higher quality and can be used for years, even in today's ever-changing digital environment. Xopus stores documents in XML, which has widespread support in computer systems. Xopus allows you to define your own XML flavor to leverage benefits specific to your organisation. Authors can edit existing XML documents in a rich user interface provided by Xopus.
- Improve your workflow efficiency
- High quality document formats such as those supported by Xopus can be published in multiple ways. For example, one document can be published online, on mobiles, in print, and as e-paper or e-books. There's no need to copy and paste documents from one application to another. Xopus can track and show the changes authors make to shorten the review cycle.
- Improve your content consistency
- It's easy to share your documents with other authors. That's because Xopus runs in your web browser. Since you define what documents should look like in advance, you control the quality of the content. You can write documents that conform to enterprise standards such as DITA and DocBook without having to know about those standards, which allows you to focus on writing instead.
- Complement your online strategy
- Xopus runs in a web browser and is design to be integrated in your content management and workflow systems. Xopus can also be used in Application Service Provider (ASP) business models.
- Get your development team excited
- Reduce your author training costs
- With Xopus, you don't have to worry about training authors to use it. That's because Xopus works like most word processors (like Microsoft Word). And since Xopus limits edits to a predetermined structure, authors don't need to have any technical savvy to get started writing.
- Reduce your software maintenance costs
- Getting Xopus set up within your organisation is easy. There's no need to install or maintain software on your computer. All you need is one of our supported web browsers and you're set.
- Prevalidation makes it impossible to create invalid content
- Supports XML Schema (XSD)
- Runs in the browser, no installer needed
- Supports Internet Explorer and Firefox
WYSIWYG user interface
- XSL Stylesheet support
- Class leading CSS Stylesheet support, with support for floats and positioning
Rich copy-paste from applications, such as Word
Multiple language support in the user interface
Easy content management system integration
- Support for roles which map schema elements to UI behavior improves the UI for your specific schema
- Completely customizable lookup dialog permits complex data lookups
- CALS tables