• 5 replies.
  • This is not yet resolved.
  • This question was started by Rolan.
  • Last post by Carl.
Rolan
user
September 23rd 2010
Hi, I'm very new to Xopus.

The documentation says that change tracking only applies to text. The Undo button keeps track of any changes made: modify, insert, delete, even to structure. Are there any plans to make change tracking work with xml tags?

Thanks
Rolan
Sjoerd Visscher
Xopus Team
September 28th 2010
Not only plans, but we are currently working on it!

Greetings,
Sjoerd
Rolan
user
October 1st 2010

Nice! And some followup questions.

Thanks. I have seen how ArborText implemented this. Yuck.

Although there is no change tracking around structure changes, I see that the history is able to restore deleted structure, and delete new structure. Is there a way to capture the history? It might be nice to allow an author to save work in progress, and when the document is edited again, have the history pre-populated.

Is there a way to implement an "Insert Before" or "Insert After" menu?

Thanks again, very nice tool.
Sjoerd Visscher
Xopus Team
October 5th 2010
There is no way to capture the history. And the hard part would be pre-populating the history, which is a lot more complicated then it sounds.

There shouldn't be a need for an insert before or insert after menu. The built-in insert menu will find the closest location to insert an item, so you can choose between before and after by putting the cursor at the beginning or end of the existing element. And even if the insert location isn't what you expected you can use move up and move down.
Ethar
user
August 18th 2011

Update on the status of this work

Hi;
We are a potential customer for Xopus and the change tracking of elements has been identified as an important feature that we would need. Is there any hard dates set for the implementation of this work and has there been any thoughts set to track change attributes (I know this is a different ball game altogether)?
Thanks
Carl
user
August 18th 2011
Hello Ethar,

There are currently no hard dates. We would be happy to discuss structure change tracking with you to find out more about what our clients are expecting from the feature, as well to help you examine the processes that you could potentially implement using Xopus. If you are interested, please send an email to xopussupport@sdl.com

React

HTML will be shown as HTML code.
Linebreaks and Links starting with http:// are automatically resolved